Saturday, August 12, 2006

Bike route: Scotts Valley to Los Gatos, California

I rode 47 miles from Scotts Valley, CA (in Santa Cruz County) to San Jose, CA. This map shows my route from Scotts Valley to Lexington Reservoir in Los Gatos, a distance of 30 miles. The elevation profile shows me starting at 500 feet, climbing to about 800 feet, dropping down to nearly sea level, climb to 500+ feet, drop back down, and then another climb to 1800 feet elevation on Summit Road.

Elevation profile: Bike ride from Scotts Valley to Los Gatos


To continue to downtown San Jose, I rode the Los Gatos Creek Trail to its terminus at Meridian Avenue near I-280 in San Jose. From Meridian, I rode San Carlos Street into downtown San Jose, then backtracked a few blocks on Almaden and Santa Clara to San Jose Diridon Station. I had to wait an hour for the Highway 17 Express Bus, so I cruised another six miles through San Jose, stopping to buy drinks, food, and a newspaper for the bus trip home.

No comments: