Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Night commute San Jose to Scotts Valley



I bought a camcorder yesterday, zip-tied it to my bicycle helmet, and hit the "record" button. Fear the results.

I demonstrate amazing feats of bicycling derring-do such as stopping at lights, yielding for pedestrians, signaling my turns, riding with adequate lighting and taking the lane. I also demonstrate a few "do as I say" things: filtering forward at intersections, passing on the right, and riding in the door zone.

If anybody can tell me how to keep my helmet level with a camcorder tied on the side, I'll be a happy man.

3 comments:

Yokota Fritz said...

Thanks Karl.

Making shoulder checks harder might be a good thing -- my frequent looks right and left are dizzying in the video.

Lucas Brunelle has two camcorders, one each side of his helmet.

Anonymous said...

Hey Fritz.... Very cool. I just propped up the laptop on one side and everything looked level!

Frostbike said...

That was sweet, thanks for posting it!