Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Easter invitation

Easter invitation

It's Easter, which means it's time for the nominally religious to show up for church. I'm one of those insufferable self-righteous Christians who attends every week. There's a chance a Cyclelicious reader in the Bay Area might like to check out an Easter Service, so naturally I'm inviting you to my church in San Jose, California. It's the medium size church with a big parking lot on Boynton between Moorepark and Williams. Boynton is parallel to San Tomas Expressway and Saratoga.

I have my bike parking spot, but to be honest I can't tell you if there are bike racks there. If you plan to ride you bike to my church drop me a line and I'll arrange something for you. Sunday School starts at 9:45 a.m.; we generally let out by about 11:30 a.m.

The church is large enough where you can be fairly anonymous if you want to be. The music is excellent. The worship is kind of a modern sedate Pentecostal -- it's a bit more active than your traditional Baptist-type service, but nothing at all like some of the wilder, more exuberant worship services I've attended in Latino and Black churches. In other words, we won't push you backwards as we holler yell incomprehensible phrases in your ear.

Easter is a celebration of the resurrection of Jesus Christ. I'd be thrilled if you could join us! I also extend this invitation to those anti-cycling bloggers I've left comments with regarding Ms. Ferrando's assault in San Francisco, especially to those compassionate conservatives who have published death threats against cyclists like me in response to Michelle Malkin's fair and balanced reporting of events on the Left Coast.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh man, I love the exuberant services.

Wishing a happy, reflective, family filled and observant Easter to you and all your Christian readers Fritz.

Dr. Logan said...

Happy Easter, I'll be attending a service up here.