Thursday, May 17, 2007

Useless ride stats

My muse today is Fixed Gear Cycling, who titles most of his posts "Useless Ride Stats" and then writes about interesting parts of his ride.

Today was Bike to Work Day in the San Francisco Bay Area and I did not keep close track of the statistics of my morning bicycle commute. In round figures, though:
  • Miles: 25, give or take. In metric that's 40 km.
  • Time: 2 hours, more or less. That's about 8.2 in metric "centidays."
  • Breakfast stations visited: 7.
    • City officials met: 3. One in Sunnyvale and two in Palo Alto.
    • Coffee cake consumed: 3 pieces.
  • Cyclists seen: Well into the hundreds. Perhaps even 1000.
    • Extracycles: 2.
    • Bike Fridays: 2.
    • Ordinaries / Boneshakers / Highwheelers: 1.
    • Art Bikes: 1.
  • Cheapest gas price I saw: $3.49 for regular unleaded.

Photos will be posted later tonight, I hope. I bought a new camera and it takes some micro-USB connector that I don't have handy.

No comments: