Friday, February 13, 2009

If you're gonna buy a Kindle 2 anyway...

...please buy it through me. Thank you :-)

And Bike Hugger asked me to ask you to buy his book because it's available on Kindle! You can even read it in Russian!

Amazon's pretty excited about the Kindle 2 -- they say the Kindle 2 is:

  • Slim & Lightweight: Just over 1/3 inch and 10.2 ounces
  • Books in under 60 seconds: Get books delivered in less than 60 seconds; no PC required
  • Improved Display: Reads like real paper; now boasts 16 shades of gray for crisp images and text; even reads well in bright sunlight
  • Longer Battery Life: 25% longer battery life; read for days without recharging
  • More Storage: Take your library with you; holds over 1,500 books
  • Faster Page Turns: 20% faster page turns
  • Read-to-Me: Text-to-Speech feature means Kindle can read every book, blog, magazine, and newspaper out loud.
  • No Wireless Bills: No monthly wireless bills, data plans, or commitments. Amazon pays for Kindle’s wireless connectivity so you won’t see a monthly wireless bill.
  • Large Selection: Over 230,000 books, plus U.S. and international newspapers, magazines and blogs available
  • Low Book Prices: New York Times Best Sellers and New Releases $9.99, unless marked otherwise

1 comment:

Michael A. Lewis said...

No, it doesn't read like paper. Only paper reads like paper. Electronic "books" read like electronic books.

Kindle is a solution searching for a problem.

I can get all the books I want for free or less than $5 through several local sources. I can carry them with me anywhere. I don't need to buy batteries for them. I can read them in the bathtub. I can read them in the rain. I can read them in bright sunlight. I can lend them to my friends. I can put them on the free table when I'm done with them. I can use them to prop up a table, light a fire in the wood stove, throw down in disgust when they're poorly written.

Kindle is not books. Kindle is consumerism gone mad.