Thursday, October 26, 2006

Custom search engine for biking

Folks visiting Cyclelicious might have noticed a new search box near the top of the main page. That's an experiment using Google's new Custom Search Engine Feature. Search using that search box and Google will return results from a number of bicycling websites and blogs that I've entered.

What's cool is that Googler Matt Cutts specifically mentioned biking search engine that could attract volunteers, traction, and first-mover attention. I've configured the "Bicycle Stuff" custom search so anybody can add sites to the list of searched sites. As soon as I figure out how you can add to this Custom Search, I'll let you know.

In the meantime, what are some specific things you would look for in a specialized search engine for bicycles? Leave a comment with your favorite bicycling website, even if it's your own, and I'll add it to the list of sites to search.

technorati tags:, , , ,

Blogged with Flock

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

self promotion: kwc.org/cycling

When searching for bike stuff, I'm generally looking for bike parts.