- One of my co-workers, Jeff, bought a brand new bike -- a carbon fiber Giant TCR Advanced. We chatted for a while, and then he pulled ahead and I managed to hang on to his wheel for approximately six inches and then he zoomed away from me like Superman off to bring Lois Lane from the dead. He was *gone*. Then I read today's Yehuda Moon and I could relate. What's especially embarrassing: Jeff doesn't ride in the winter. I grow old, I grow old. (I shall wear my trousers rolled...)
- I finally tried on some Chrome pants. They are *wonderful*. Self portrait here and a fuller review later.
"Virtualization software bringup" is what I do at work, so that announcement is good news to me personally and professionally. The project I'm working on right now is top secret, but I can tell it that it's so amazingly futuristic and cool I can't believe I'm allowed to touch this stuff, let alone involved in the design of it.
Back to random bike stuff:
- Let Alberto Ride (following Bike Snob's lead).
- Sierra Club magazine features bicycles. And a different kind of bike rack instruction video.
- Bike messengers a dying breed. Via.
- My kind of bike shop: "At this shop, we want to invite, not intimidate the beginner; listen, not preach to the curious; and salute, not marginalize the commuter."
- Reciprocal link love: Lisa drools and some Belgium dude.