Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Cyclelicious top ten

Dear Readers, you have requested a bicyling blogroll here at Cyclelicious. I'll get around to it -- this blog is only one week old as of today, after all. In the meantime, you can visit my complete blogroll is at Redmountain.

PR guy Steve Rubel makes the suggestion that bloggers list their top ten blogs and tag it "10blogs." Here are the ten Cyclelicious blogs.

  1. The Adventures of Crazy Biker Chick. Tonya in Toronto.
  2. BikeBiz.com. This UK-based resource reports mostly on industry news with some advocacy news also.
  3. Blue Collar MTB. Equipment reviews and advocacy news.
  4. Cycle Dog. The adventures of Ed in Oklahoma.
  5. The Fat Cyclist. "It's like reality TV, except it's real. And there's no TV."
  6. Go Clipless. Mountain biking in and around D.C. with reviews and commentary.
  7. Just Riding Along. Bike industry news and commentary. Jonathan also runs Bike Portland.
  8. Making It Easier. Yet Another mountain bike resource.
  9. Rogue Mechanic. A bike mechanic gives you his views on "repairs, upgrades, maintenance, technical info, opinions, views, photos and more."
  10. Velorution. Car-free crazies. Great site.

One thing I just noticed is that this bicycling blogroll is heavily skewed toward mountain bikes, and I'm (mostly) a roadie! I've run across very few roadie blogs. I was following TDFblog during the tour, but they stopped posting after July 24. I get most of my road race info from sources like VeloNews, and Pez Cycling News. If you know of some good roadie blogs, please leave a comment about them.

If you want to include tags in your blog posts but don't know how, feel free to use my Technorati Tag-o-Matic script. Just type in the tags you want in the little box, click "OK," then copy and paste the created tag text into your blog editor. It's very easy to use.

In other news, you might notice that I finally got trackbacks working. It turns out I was neglecting to load the necessary Javascript in the header of my posts. Oops!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello! I'm honored that my blog is on your Top 10. Thanks! I just wanted to let you know that you have the old URL. Here's the current and correct one: www.roguemechanic.typepad.com

Thanks! -John