Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Bike rack shortage

Writers around the country urge readers to save gas money by riding their bikes. Some regular bike commuters have discovered that some people are taking their advice. Jean Rice of Boulder reports:
Today we went out to do some errands and we couldn't find any parking spots. For our bikes. The bike racks, some of which I have never seen a bike at, were full. Even at Target, where they have bike racks for at least 50 bikes, we had to go almost all the way to the end to find a place for our bikes! We ended up getting a spot where two people were just leaving.

I love the fact that people are finally getting out of their cars, but they are getting in my way! I used to laugh at the cars parking way out in the parking lot to find spaces. Now I have to scramble for a spot or trust my bike "locked to itself" outside the store on the sidewalk!
Reposted with Jean's kind permission from Bicycle Commuting.

No comments: