Saturday, February 11, 2006

The Bicycle Page

I mentioned The Bicycle Page yesterday. I caught up with site owner Russ Goodwin in Capitan, New Mexico (hometown of Smokey the Bear) to ask him about the page and cycling. Russ is a middle-aged father of three who rides as much as he can "when I can find the time, money and motivation. Through out the years I have done Tri's, Ironman Distances, Ultras & RAAM. I just ordered a Specialized Epic and with any luck am going to give 24 hr MTB racing a try this year."

"This is my first attempt at website design and it took me about 2 weeks and a few all nighters to learn to write code using notepad ( didn't know they made software for that ) Then I have been slowly adding blogs & links for the past 4 months."

(Note to Russ: I use vim for site design.)

Russ created to The Bicycle Page as a resource portal for cycling and endurance sports "with a fun and easy way to surf for information".

Russ continues , "I like the idea of everything being on one page and only one click away." So do I. Thanks for this great cycling resource!

No comments: