Monday, February 13, 2006

Ride your bike. A photo mosaic.

Looking at and thinking about pixel sites got me thinking about what I could do with a few million pixels.


Click here for the huge, 2400 x 2200 pixel 1.4 MB JPEG image. You can see the individual photos in the large image. I downloaded several Flickr photos of red bikes, green bikes, blue bikes, and pink bikes for this mosaic image.

I can think of at least a half dozen contests using this image, but I'm all out of money for contests right now. Just for funsies: There's a recursive image in this composite mosaic. Describe the image -- i.e. what is on the image -- and point out the approximate location of at least one instance of this recursive image. I might create another mosaic in a couple of weeks and have a contest then. In the meantime, please feel free to shoot some ideas to me on a bikey mosaic you would like to see.

1 comment:

Gene said...

Wow! Print this on a piece of cardboard, cut it up with a jigsaw, and you have a bicycle puzzle. The recursive image? Elvis, of course.