Saturday, September 12, 2009

Alison Shanks

Track racer Alison Shanks of New Zealand won the gold medal in the UCI Track Cycling World Championships Individual Pursuit in Beijing this last winter.

Alison Shanks Portrait Session


Shanks began cycling in 2005, and soon thereafter she finished fourth in the individual pursuit at the 2006 Commonwealth Games in Melbourne and placed 7th at the World Championships that same year. Shanks represented New Zealand in the 2008 Beijing Olympics, where she placed 4th in the individual pursuit.

Alison Shanks Portrait Session


Elsewhere:

1 comment:

Warren T said...

I was minding my own business when my wife walked by my computer and said "Who's that?"

You see, I've recently added your URL to my desktop photo slide show widget. I'd also added Copenhagenize and my bride was treated to pictures of Alison, Kelly Brooks and some lovely Scandinavian cyclists.

Fortunately, a couple of your Tour of Missouri pics rotated through and she said "Oh..." and went about her business. Whew.