Valerie was kind enough to demonstrate some of the features of this bike:
- Gates carbon belt drive
- Shimano 3 speed hub
- Efficient and smooth rolling 700 x 47 tires
- Women's model (shown) has a front basket for Valerie to store her pom poms. This front basket has a collapsible frame which is cheaper to ship (lowers dealer cost)
- Men's model has rear racks and panniers.
- Unique rear triangle design eliminates the usual bolt off triangle used in other belt drive designs.
- Lightweight aluminum frame is stiffer, less clunky and lighter than your standard beach cruiser. Valerie let me ride her bicycle and I can report that it indeed provides a very nice and smooth ride.
...And here's another photo of Valerie on the GT Aerostream:
Your mileage may vary.
Valerie also tells me that REI is now selling this bike and absolutely loves it.