Thanks to those who responded to the survey. Some factoids and observations:
- 18% of respondents report that you're from the San Francisco Bay Area, with another 11% from elsewhere in California. The 29% of survey respondents in California compares against 19% reported by my web logs.
- Most of you are interested in transportational cycling and "bike culture," though a significant number are also interested in professional road cycling and any kind of cycling for personal fitness. Several pointed out an important category that I missed: Cyclocross! One of the more interesting uses for a bike: "Using my bikes to explore port that my ship pulls into."
- When you read other blogs, most of you read cycling blogs without a regional focus. Most of you also avoid regional bike blogs. In other words, you seem to like the general purpose bike blogs over the ones with a local focus.
- The overwhelming response from "the money question" was that Cyclelicious should remain general purpose. I got a ton of comments on that question, with most of you saying I shouldn't narrow the focus. If anything, I should perhaps add northern California content but only if I don't sacrifice the more general news, links and information.
- I got a lot of good feedback and words of encouragement on the comments. I really appreciate that and it means a lot to me.
And Saab Story, if you want that bag you need to respond to me with your mailing address!