Monday, October 19, 2009

Toyota Breezer folding bike collab

In the world of bike collaborations, this one is interesting: Toyota in Taiwan and Breezer Bikes of Sausalito have branded this "X frame" folding bike that was used as a sales incentive this last summer at Toyota dealerships in Taiwan.



Note the cute little Toyota logo imprinted next to the Breezer logo on the saddle.



The 6061 alloy bike weighs 34 lbs, features 6 speed Shimano Revoshift shifters and Kenda Kwest 16 x 1.5" tires. The marketing in Taiwan apparently makes a pretty big deal about Joe Breeze's design reputation in the United States, although Breezer in the USA sources their folding bikes from Dahon. My guess is this bike is maybe an offering from Breezer's sister company, Fuji Bikes, though as far as I know Fuji has never marketed this style of folding bike before.

The bike has a claimed market value of NT$15,000 (about US$450) -- I see them on Taiwan "for sale" sites for NT$7000 (~US$200) and less, which sounds like a pretty screaming deal. I might have picked one up for that price if I knew about these during my visit.

2 comments:

Web said...

$200 sounds right. It's heavy and folds quite tall but I'd try one at that price.

Fen said...

It is on the heavy side but what a neat little package! I dig it!