- Original reporting on the Tour de France from the Group News Blog.
- Tour de France 2007 is "coverage of the Tour de France by professional journalist Jeff Cutler." Mr. Cutler is in Europe covering this on his blog.
- TheRoad Bike.com
- Who is Linux Gerdemann.
- Today is Bastille Day. That's the French national holiday in which they commemorate the storming of a nearly empty prison. To avoid hurting the invading hordes, the prison commander opened the gates. The rioters then proceeded to slaughter everybody inside, including the commander who let them inside.
- Paul Sherwen's audio report.
- A meeting with Phil Ligget and Paul Sherwen.
Over the years, Phil has come up with some great one-liners affectionately known as Liggettisms. One of my favorites goes all the way back to 1986 when Bernard Hinault had his sixth Tour victory all but wrapped up when he betrayed Lemond in the Pyrenees. Sitting on a five-minute lead Hinault was unable to control his bravado and attacked solo with three huge Pyrenean climbs remaining. Phil's words were prophetic as he exclaimed, "is he a superman or a fool?" Bernie blew up and Greg beat him by 5 minutes setting the match all square.
1. Linus Gerdemann (G), T-Mobile, 4:53:13
2. Inigo Landaluze (Sp), Euskaltel-Euskadi, 0:40
3. David De La Fuente (Sp), Saunier Duval-Prodir, at 1:39
4. Juan Mauricio Hernandez Soler (Col), Barloworld, at 2:14
5. Laurent Lefevre (F), Bouygues Telecom, at 2:21
6. Fabian Wegmann (G), Gerolsteiner, at 3:32
7. Juan Manuel Garate (Sp), Quick Step-Innergetic, at 3:38
8. Xavier Florencio (Sp), Bouygues Telecom, same time
9. Christophe Moreau (F), Ag2r Prevoyance, s.t.
10. Alejandro Valverde (Sp) Caisse D'epargne, s.t.
Linus Gerdemann also took the Yellow Jersey today, as well as Best Young Rider recognition. Sylvain Chavanel is King of the Mountains.