Monday, January 16, 2006

Build your own bike

Brad Graham AKA "Atomic Zombie" of Toronto builds Frankenbikes. My buddy random bought his book, Atomic Zombie's Bicycle Builder's Bonanza and I flipped through it. Now I have to get the book.

Brad starts at the begining in his book, showing you how to select the right welder and how to use it, to finding appropriate bike parts, making trashed bike parts usable again, and taking you to plans for choppers, tallbikes, tandems, trailers and recumbents as well as truly freakish creations of his own sick design. The Bull Bike, for example, is a one-wheeled cycle that must be ridden with one hand on the handlebar and the other one off, like you're riding a bucking bull.

If you've dreamed of building your own bike from leftover bike parts, check this book out. I wish I had it when I was shopping for a trailer bike for my daughter.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brad is from Thunder Bay, Ontario, Canada.

http://www.atomiczombie.com

Yokota Fritz said...

Thank you Anonymous. I verified by looking at his website. I don't remember where I got "Toronto" from -- that's gotta be about a thousand miles (1600 km) from Thunder Bay.