Thursday, January 26, 2006

Scot Nicol at BMW

Don't miss this interview at Bicycle Marketing Watch (BMW) with Ibis founder Scot Nicol. He talks about Ibis stuff and also gives us some of his insights on the future of the bike biz and marketing. Some quotes:
  • "I absolutely love the whole cruiser movement. And the commuter/city bike scene is great."
  • "Cycling is still too exclusive. And I mean that in the truest meaning of that word: we exclude people."
  • "I could start to talk about American Culture here and why our kids don’t ride their bikes to school anymore and why people live a long way from their jobs and live instead in their cars and why their lives are out of balance and so there’s road rage and obesity and ugly things like that. But that would make me very angry and then I’d start drinking."

More at Drink the Kool Aid.

1 comment:

Tim Jackson said...

Thanks Fritz.

BMW... I like that.