Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Elevation profile at Gmap Pedometer

Most of you know that the Gmap Pedometer is about the slickest route mapping tool on the planet. I've just learned that they've added an elevation profile feature to the mapping tool. Just click small or large to select the level of detail you want and select your way points like normal.

This is the elevation profile for one of my lunch hour rides, which ranges from 4993 feet to 5674 feet elevation over 20 miles. Click here to see the route.
USOC Logo
See related: , ,

1 comment:

Tanya said...

Ah you got me so excited, I wanted to plot out some of my hillier out of town trips to see what the elevation profile was, then I see this feature is only available for points in the U.S. Drat for us Canadians (but the rest of gmap-pedometer works excellent for local routes)