Monday, November 14, 2005

Google Analytics

This has nothing to do with bicycling, but it's hot, especially if you're an AdSense publisher and you're interested in drawing more traffic to your website.

I've been seeing something called "Google Analytics" when I accessed blogger.com and I've been wondering what it was. Google has finally taken the wraps off of this powerful, free service and I'm impressed.

To use Google Analytics, you integrate some Javascript code into every web page you want to track (modify your template to do this quickly). From this tracking, Google Analytics will generate reports about page views and routes taken through the site, how people found your site, visitor geographic locations, and so forth.

Google Analytics' site is being slammed as I write this so it's very slow going right now, but if you're interested in improving your web traffic then Google Analytics is a resource to consider.

No comments: