Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Reporter interested in those carfree.

Taken from the so-called car-free listserv:

To Those Carfree,

I have really enjoyed the posts on this forum for the past few weeks. I am a student reporter from Columbia University's Graduate School of Journalism reporting on car-free living in the U.S. If you, any individual or any family you know live car-free, I would be very interested in hearing about your challenges/ reasons for becoming car-free/ reactions from those around you. For my project, I would like to shadow anyone who lives in New Jersey for a few days in December or early January to see what it is like to live car-free in such a car-dependent place.

In New York City, where I live, many people are car-free. However, I think it will be important to report on the challenges people face who live in smaller communities such as towns and suburbs more typical of the rest of the country. I would be grateful if you could get back to me if you are car-free or if you know any individual or family who lives car-free. [. . .] My email is ts2279@columbia.edu. I look forward to hearing from you.

No comments: