Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Heras does dope

Roberto Heras has been suspended from the Liberty Seguros bicycling team after testing positive for EPO. Heras has won the time Vuelta a EspaƱa four times and helped Lance Armstrong to victory as a member of the USPS team.

I can see the attraction. I live at 5000 feet above sea level and often ride up to 12,000 feet elevation. I'm currently in Austin, Texas -- elevation 500 feet. When I ride here the limiting factor is not my lungs, but the strength of my legs. I feel like freaking Superman.

Via Cycloblog. More news from CNN, BBC.
Velonews: "Heras insists he's innocent."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm shocked by this new dopping case. I'm a chilean cycling enthusiast, enjoy road riding every weekend and believe admire people, like professional cyclers, make huge efforts to conquer their goals. As part of a road cycling club I personally hope pro's show the right way of competing and be an example to our society of effort and rewards.