Thursday, October 18, 2007

The Acoustic Motorbike

I've loved Luka Bloom's "Acoustic Motorbike" (the album and the title track) ever since I first heard it a few years ago. Somebody put the music to a slide show and posted it to YouTube. Bloom captures the vibe of cycling wonderfully with his acoustic music and lyrics.



You see whenever I'm alone
I tend to brood
But when I'm out on my bike
It's a different mood

I work my legs
I pump my thighs
The antidote to my emotional ills
A motion built upon human toil
Nuclear free needs no oil
But it makes me hot, makes me hard
I never thought I could have come this far
Through miles of mountains, valleys, streams
This is the right stuff filling my dreams
So come on, get up on your bike
Ah go on, get up on your bike.

4 comments:

Shane MacRhodes said...

I love that song too and my wife and I listened to it a lot on our bike tour around the country last year. Your link inspired me to make my own slideshow to the song. You can see it on YouTube at:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wylkmlFtSCY

carltonreid said...

I wish I'd known about that when I did my bike music comp last year.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=rMsjM2RtxY8

SiouxGeonz said...

DOn't have sound here and now... but I swear I could hear the accent through the print. Sweeet!

Yokota Fritz said...

Shane, that is some lovely photography in your version! wonderful job putting that together.

Sue, Luka is Irish but lived in the USA for several years. There's still an Irish "feel" to his singing, though.

Carlton, did anybody ever win that contest? I put together a compilation CD a couple of years ago with many of these songs. I recognized:

* Queen (of course)
* Katie Melua
* ?
* ?
* ?
* Ballboy
* Kraftwerk maybe?
* Darryl Purpose.
* Amy Correia (I love "The Bike"! wonderful story telling.)
* No idea.
* Never heard this one.
* Ugly Kid Joe.