Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Greetings to all!

I never imagined he's that geeky: Masiguy actually looks over his visitor logs to see where his visits are from! But then I got curious and it's interesting to see my visitors from Trek, QBP, Haro (I'm sure it's Masiguy), REI, Jenson USA, etc. Thanks so much for dropping by!

All of the top visit counts come from the big commercial internet providers from the U.S. and around the world. The top corporate domain is Boeing. Several visitors from technology and computer companies also come by: Lockheed Martin, Apple, Genentech, Google (corporate), United Technologies, HP, Intel, Adobe, EDS, Fujitsu and on and on.

The college set includes Stanford, UC-Davis, Rider University, New Mexico State, Georgia Institute of Technology, University of Texas, U. of Idaho, U. of Toronto, Wake Forest U., Boston U., UCLA, Emory, Fordham, Oregon State, and Cal Poly.

Government entities include various agencies from the Canadian provinces and U.S. states, the U.S. Department of Energy, the U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs, U.S. Centers for Disease Control, USDA, NASA, the cities of Seattle and Tempe.

I even have a regular visitor from Fisher Auto Parts, Caterpillar, and General Motors.

I've just scanned the top couple of hundred visitors, there are many more. Please feel free to leave a comment here if you're so inclined -- post links to your blog or brag about your employer or university; you'll have a worldwide audience. I'm thrilled to have so many people read Cyclelicious -- I hope you find it helpful.

And don't forget the StreetView contest! The contest expires this weekend.

3 comments:

Jerry said...

Hello World.

I work at Apple, live in Cupertino (lifer), my web site is Inspired Christian.org. I visit Cyclelicious daily.

And... I don't ride a bike!

Not only is Mr. Fritz (hee, hee) my good friend and bro. in the Lord, but he writes really well, has very entertaining/informative reading, and is an outstanding blogger. Anyways, his Google ad performance simply blasts my performance.

Good job, Fritz.

Tim Jackson said...

Oh, I'm definitely that much of a geek... just a dumb one who doesn't really understand technology. I try not to look at stats too often, just because I become a slave to the numbers very quickly. BUT... it always makes me laugh to see where the visitors are coming from.

And yes, I read Cyclelicious every day!

James T said...

Hey, I get that Haro guy from time to time too. I don’t usually check stats beyond the daily hit numbers, but occasionally I must admit that it is fun to see who is visiting my blog. Based on your list Fritz, I seem to have visitors from a lot of the same places as Cyclelicious. A couple of weeks ago I looked through the visitor paths and had a pretty interesting variety of visitors. In addition to the usual IP addresses from bicycle companies, technology companies, and Universities, I noticed visitors from the Pentagon, Playboy, and Focus on the Family. Yep, quite a diverse group of people check out cycling blogs.