"Missed it by that much!": Team Astana's Lance Armstrong on missing the yellow jersey today by a fraction of a second.
Astana previewed the course in Montpellier in the days leading up to the Tour start, and this practice paid off for them as they expertly navigated the technical course with its tight twists and turns. Other teams lost time and riders when they overshot some of the tighter turns and had to regroup afterwards.
Is the 2009 Tour de France turning out to be a great show, or what?
* KWC: Now that's excitement.
* VN: Astana steamrolls team time trial.
* CN: Team Astana asserts dominance.
* Pez: Astana Dominant, Fab Still Yellow.
* Intelligencer: Fab's monster pull.
* Guardian: Lance Armstrong.
Apologies for making Cyclelicious "All Lance" -- I hoped to avoid it this time around, but it's difficult to do so far in the 2009 TdF. Because of this apparent comeback so far, it appears Sony Pictures is now producing a documentary about Lance Armstrong.