Interbike 2007 Expo begins next Wednesday and I'll be there to report on product news, trends, and photos on behalf of CommuteByBike. I'll drool over the high dollar race-worthy gear, clothing and training aids, of course, but I'll take a close look at:
- Family cycling accessories like the iBert child seat.
- Utilitarian cycling wear.
- Performance cycling wear such as the new Argento shorts with reflective panels from Black Bottom Cyclewear.
- Bags from the myriad bag companies there, like newcomer Rickshaw Bags of San Francisco.
- The carbon belt drive used on Spot Bikes.
- Coffee with the one and only Bobke at the Kryptonite Booth.
- The latest lights from vendors like Light and Motion and others.
- The Best Barista contest at the Louis Garneau booth on Thursday, not to mention the free coffee given away during the opening hour of the expo.
- Superstars like Saul Raisin, Phil Ligget, Stuart O'Grady and Niki Gudex.
- The outlook for independent bike dealers.
- Custom frame builders.
- New bikes -- especially "urban" or utility bikes -- from the more mainstream bike companies such as Specialized, Raleigh, Masi, and the QBP brands Surly and Civia.
Be sure to watch for a special VIDEO edition of The Spokesman Cycling Podcast in which I will appear with other cycling bloggers and the usual Spokesman gang of Tim, Dave, Carlton, and Tim. I was hoping to meet Elden the Fat Cyclist, but he can't make it. My sources do tell me that I might be able to unveil the identity of BSNYC, though, which would be a treat.