Thursday, September 13, 2007

San Jose to Palo Alto bicycle commute

Bay Area cyclists who'd like to join me on my morning commute Friday morning: I'll be taking off from San Jose Diridon Station at 7 a.m. Look for me as I hop off of the Highway 17 Express bus. I ride a silver Specialized Roubaix. The mornings have been chilly so I'll wear my yellow cycling jacket. But then again every Bay Area bike commuter wears a yellow jacket...

Scot will also be there on his black and red Specialized S Works Tarmac. We're headed to Palo Alto via Park, Monroe, Benton, Homestead, Foothill, Page Mill and Bryant. We ride at about a 17 mph pace until we hit Foothill Expressway, then it's 20 to 30 mph all the way to California Avenue in Palo Alto. We stop for all reds, and stop for traffic at stop signs. This is a fast ride but it's not a mano y mano painfest and we'll hold back if necessary for slightly slower riders.

There's no need to contact me -- just be at Diridon Station at 7 a.m. when we leave. This is a regular ride so I'll try to be a little more organized next week if there's some interest.

No comments: