REI and the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission announced a recall of 5,200 Novara Afterburner Trailer Bicycles. The children’s trailer bicycle can detach from the adult bicycle, posing a fall hazard to children.
I hate it when that happens.
More news from the bicycle blog-o-sphere
- BusinessWeek sez: It's the year of the cruiser bike. Treadly and me has this to say: People love bikes. Just give them something simple, reliable and relatively cheap, and they’ll jump aboard.
- Bicycle Design is two years old!
- Floyd Landis lost his appeal and is found guilty. Floyd gets a two year suspension from pro cycling and is stripped of his Yellow Jersey from the Tour de France.
- Surprise surprise! A new study shows that motorists don't pay their way. But we already knew that. It's a worthwhile read, as are the comments that follow.
- We Americans are getting too fat for our automobiles! "Many five-passenger vehicles are rated about 850 pounds, maxxing out if their five occupants weigh more than 170 pounds each. Six 200-pounders would overload the seven-passenger Dodge Grand Caravan minivan."
- On Helmet Safety: They're good against bear attacks.
- G-Ted: Interbike 2007 preview.
- On 650B MTB: Go Clipless says "Please kill it."
- Freewheeling on ingesting bugs.