Ian Hibell is one of the greats of cycling -- he left his job in 1963 and never went back, becoming the first man to ride pole to pole from Africa to Alaska. He rode, dragged, carried and pushed his bike to every corner of the planet and continued his cycling adventures until his death in Greece at age 74. He inspired many cycling tourists with his book, Into the Remote Places, which highlights his adventures touring the world by bike.
- Eco Velo: Ian Hibell passes.
- Grant Petersen on Ian Hibell.
- Times Online: Ian Hibell, cyclist who pedalled world, killed by hit-and-run driver.
- Bike Brothers: Tribute to Ian Hibell.
- Bike Biz: Cyclotourist and author dies.