Monday, September 22, 2008

Road rager with gun

A group of cyclists in Georgia are on their morning ride when a motorist buzzes the group. And then...
We followed him, because that's the way we were planning on going. The guy was in front of the group and started brake-checking and stuff and being weird. Then he pulled over to the right side of the road at the next turn. I was in back, waiting on riders, seeing what was happening, so I rolled up to the car when he stopped. I asked him, "SIR! What is your problem?!?" He responded, "YOU'RE THE ONE WITH THE PROBLEM!" and proceeded to reach in his passenger seat, pull out a Glock handgun, and stuck it in my face!
Read more. Important tip to road ragers: Because the motorist had a gun, he was arrested. If he "merely" threatened lives with his automobile, he could have gotten away with it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

For reasons which will become apparent, I am anonymous. My State doesn't allow citizens to arm themselves. But I do. It's deeply concealed, and it is to be used in the gravest extreme, when I feel that I am threatened with death or grievous bodily harm, and that I have made every effort to retreat or avoid the problem in the first place.

I haven't yet used it during a ride, but I will if I have to. I have practiced with it and am very proficient in its use; I have used it before under very different circumstances, but if only one of some nutjob or me that is going to walk away, it's going to be me.cc

Illinoisfrank said...

Fritz,
The ad on this page overlapped the text. When I resized my window, I could read the article, but the ads (in the "boxes") overlapped part of your post. I'm using Firefox 3.0.1.

Frank

Yokota Fritz said...

(email request for details emailed privately to Frank)

If anybody else has problems with my new ads, please let me know.